What is the best advice you can offer someone planning an event at Careys Manor?
My advice would be keep it simple, don’t offer your delegates too many choices, being an organiser is hard work enough without people adding in more stress. Another would be to be decisive, making decisions feels good! Make sure you ask for help and recommendations, we host over 300 events a year and all are very different so we know our stuff!
Your top recommendations for entertaining clients at Careys Manor
- Do the ‘Around the World’ menu – it involves a tasting menu over our three restaurants consisting of French, Thai and British cuisine.
- Add wine or champagne tasting with Michael Driscoll before dinner.
- Remember, everyone LOVES canapés!
- A cocktail reception at our Cambium bar, they can create bespoke cocktails using your company colours.
Your top 3 team building activities for motivating your staff
- The RIB treasure hunt – there’s nothing better than a blast around the Solent to clear your mind plus you get medals!
- Bake Off – they get to eat cake!
- Cycle treasure hunt – the perfect chance to explore the forest. These can also be tailored to event objectives and company philosophies.
Your most memorable conference was…
In July 2012 we had an event for 100 delegates. They confirmed on the Friday and arrived on the Sunday which was rather nail biting! As mentioned previously we organised an emergency response event last year which took over the entire hotel. The company allowed us to be really creative with the space. One of my favourites was an international event with DLL in 2013, they were so lovely to work.
Your most memorable team building event was…
Adapt in January 2013 – EMG turned the Cedar Suite into a winter wonderland for their winter Olympics themed event. They were grouped into countries and had an opening ceremony with games EMG created around the Olympics. It was so much fun plus, Eddie the Eagle came as a guest speaker! It also snowed that night which was pretty magical.